80 Fun Questions to Ask Friends
I have offered the fun questions to ask friends to anyone who s looking for something to talk about. I ve categorized them into 8 different categories. Pick and choose the questions you like, and avoid the questions which might be too intimate or uncomfortable for you.
Fun Questions About Movies to Ask Friends
Everyone watches movies these days, so here are some fun questions to ask you friends about the movies.
- What s your favorite movie of all time and why?
- What was the best movie you saw this last year and why?
- Who s your favorite director and why?
- Do you like black and white movies? Why or why not?
- Do you read movie reviews? If so, which reviewers do you enjoy? If not, why?
Fun Questions to Ask Friends About TV
Even more people watch TV than go to the movies. So here are some fun questions to ask your friends about TV.
- What s your favorite TV show of all time and why?
- How many hours a week do you spend watching TV?
- What s your favorite TV station and why?
- What was your favorite TV show when you were growing up?
- Who s your favorite actor on television and why?
- Would you rather watch a sitcom, a reality show, a police drama, a legal drama, or a medical drama? Or something else? Why?
- Has a television show ever moved you to tears? If yes, which one and when?
- Do you watch the news on TV? How often?
- Have you ever been on TV?
- If you were a character on a TV show, which one would you be?
Fun Questions to Ask Friends About Books
This one is a little tougher, because a lot of people don t read books anymore (unfortunately). But here are 10 fun questions to ask friends about books anyway:
- Has reading a book ever changed your life? Which one and why, if yes?
- Do you prefer to read fiction or nonfiction? Explain your choice.
- If you could be a character in any novel you ve ever read, who would you be and why?
- Has reading a book ever made you cry? Which one and why?
- How many books do you read each year?
- Have you ever written (or started to write) a book?
- Name one book you had to read but hated, and explain why you hated it.
- If someone wrote a book about your life, what would they title it?
- If you could pick a book you ve read to make into a movie, which one would you choose?
- What was your favorite book as a child and why?
10 Sexy Questions to Ask Your Friends
Depending on your relationship with your friends, you might or might not be comfortable asking them sexy questions. If so, just skip past this list of 10 sexy questions:
- Have you ever been involved in a threesome? Would you consider doing so in the future?
- At what age did you lose your virginity?
- What s your favorite sexual position?
- What s your favorite foreplay activity?
- Have you ever faked an orgasm?
- Have you ever had a one night stand?
- Which 3 celebrities would you most like to have sex with?
- What s the kinkiest kind of sex you ve ever had?
- Do you own any sexy underwear? How often do you wear it?
- How often do you have sex each week?
Fun Questions to Ask Friends About Money
Money is a less sensitive issues than sex with some people, but others might find it even more personal. Here are 10 lighthearted and fun questions about money you can ask a friend:
- What would you do if you had a million dollars?
- Are you a spender or a saver?
- How much money do you save on a regular basis? (As a percentage of your income?)
- Do you have a personal written budget?
- When you go to a meal dutch, would you prefer to itemize the receipt or just split it in half?
- When you re on a date, do you think the man should pay or not?
- What s the most expensive gift you ve ever given someone?
- What s the most expensive gift you ve ever received from someone?
- If someone offered you a million dollars for a night of sex, would you do it? Would it matter if the person were good looking or not?
- Do you invest in the stock market? What kind of investing strategy do you use if you do?
Fun Questions to Ask Friends About Music
Almost everyone listens to music. Here are a few fun questions about music you can ask your friends:
- What s your favorite kind of music?
- Who s your favorite singer or band?
- What s your favorite album?
- What s your favorite song?
- Do you like to sing karaoke?
- Are you a good dancer?
- Do you like musicals? (movies or theater)
- Has a song ever made you cry?
- If your life was a song, what would the title be?
- If you could be a particular singer or musician, who would you be?
Fun Questions to Ask About Games
All of us played games of some kind growing up, and some of us still play games now. Here are some fun questions on the subject:
- What was your favorite game to play as a child?
- Do you play video games now?
- What s your favorite gambling game?
- Do you prefer card games or board games?
- Do you ever play drinking games?
- Are you good at Chess?
- Have you ever played Dungeons Dragons? Did you like it/
- Do you ever play solitaire when you re bored?
- Are you good at Trivial Pursuit?
- Have you ever been on a game show? Which one?
Dilemmas are questions you have to think about. Thinking aloud about your answers with your friends can be a lot of fun, and it can shed a lot of light on why your friends are the way they are.
- Would you rather be rich or healthy?
- Would you rather be good looking or rich?
- Do you believe in the death penalty? Why or why not?
- Have you seen Sophie s Choice, and if so, do you think she made the right choice or the wrong choice?
- Would you like to know the day you re going to die ahead of time? Why or why not?
- Would you rather have super strength or super intelligence?
- Would you rather have the power to be invisible or the power to read minds?
- Would you rather spend the rest of your life without a significant other, or would you rather have a partner who is extremely difficult?
- Would you rather spend life in prison or be executed?
- Should marijuana be legalized? Why or why not?
And that s that. 80 fun questions to ask friends. Hope these break the ice at your next party or first date. For more creative questions we recommend the The Complete Book of Questions: 1001 Conversation Starters for Any Occasion book.