Ask A Pharmacist – A Free Pharmamcist Service to Help Answer Medication and

#ask a pharmacist free


I f you have any question, please contact us and we will answer it as soon as possible.

Note:  Our advice is given as a guidance only, and does not replace personal medical care by your doctor. In cases of emergency, go right away to a health care professional or a hospital and do not await our response as it may be delayed due to some technical reasons. We shall not be held responsible for any harm caused by misunderstanding of our advice.

Name:* E-mail Address:* Message:*

Note. Fields marked with * are required.

Question: I am too embarrassed to talk to my doctor about this:I’m 62-year-old woman, and I think I am incontinent.Is there any medicine for this,or is it just part of getting old?

Older people are indeed more likely to experience urinary incontinence due to age-related changes in the body, but people of any age may experience it for a variety of reasons. According to a 2004 survey from the National Association For Continence, women do not seek treatment until they’ve lived with their symptoms for an average of 6 1/2 years; men delay for around four years.

However, there’s no need to suffer in silence. Talk to your doctor—even if you feel embarrassed or self-conscious. Depending on your particular situation, besides medication, incontinence can be treated in a variety of ways, from behavioral therapy to surgery. (There are four general types of urinary incontinence: stress incontinence, urge incontinence, overflow incontinence, and functional incontinence.)

Question: I am a 55 years old female. I have noticed that my memory has been getting really bad lately.I understand I’m getting old but it’s getting worse to the point that I can’t even remeber things that I do in the same day. What do I need to do?

About Author:

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *