#ask homework questions
Ask for Help
In this assignment, you will investigate the biotic and abiotic structure and function of an ecosystem. You will also investigate how ecosystems recover from disturbance naturally and through human restoration.
Choose 1 of the following ecosystems:
- Tropical rainforest Grassland Coral reef Estuary Desert
- Describe where this type of ecosystem might be located. Name 1 specific example. Describe the structure of the ecosystem.
- List at least 3 specific examples of both abiotic components and biotic components for the ecosystem type selected.
Describe the function of the ecosystem
- In your own words, explain or define biogeochemical cycle . Describe the steps in the carbon cycle as an example of one biogeochemical cycle.
Describe disturbance and recovery
- Describe 1 natural and 1 human-caused disturbance to the ecosystem that you have chosen. Describe the damage to the ecosystem for each example, including how the abiotic and biotic characteristics of the ecosystem changed.
Provide 2 examples of natural resources provided by the ecosystem that you have selected.
- How can these be sustained into the future? How can humans act as good stewards to assist ecosystem recovery? Provide 1 example specific to the ecosystem that you have chosen.