#immigration interview questions
Married Couples Immigration Interview
Married couples have to face an extra set of questions for the immigration interviews. After all, immigration authorities have to determine a lot of things before they approve their applications.
Questions asked by the immigration officers will revolve around facts relating to the couples’ courtship and marriage. This is an extensive process of verification, wherein the married couples have to submit documents and proofs of their marriage to each other and that they live together.
The immigration interview for married couples can be as follows
- When and how did you first meet your spouse?
- Where did your spouse live before marriage?
- With whom was he/ she residing?
- How many siblings does your spouse have? What is/ are the name(s) of your spouse’s sibling(s)?
- Do you have a residence phone number? What is it?
- Where does your spouse work?
- Since how long does your spouse work?
- What is your spouse’s current salary?
- How is your spouse’s salary payment made? In cash or by check?
- What are your spouse’s work timings?
- Does he/ she have to work late at nights?
- Does he/ she travel often for work?
- Do you own a car? Which one?
- What is the monthly installment on your car?
- Who makes the monthly bill payments?
- Can you tell us your spouse’s date of birth?
- Did you and your spouse live in before getting married? For how long did you maintain a live-in relationship?
- Which one of you suggested marriage first?
- What is your marriage date?
- Where did you get married?
- Was you marriage a loud affair? Mention a few of your spouse’s friends/ relatives who had attended.
- Did you purchase the wedding dresses together? What mode of payment was used to pay for the dresses?
- Did you purchase your wedding bands together?
- What was the cost of your wedding bands?
- Who planned the honeymoon trip? How much did the package cost?
- Which bank account do you use? Is it a joint or individual account?
- Who pays the house rent/ mortgage? How is this payment made?
- What is the exact amount of house rent/ mortgage?
- How many rooms does your house have?
- What is the color scheme of your bedroom?
- Where was your home furniture purchased? Who made the major choices?
- What was the first gift that you presented your spouse with?
- What was the first gift that you received from your spouse?
- Do you have a pet? If yes, what is it named? Who named it?