Fall 2017 / Spring 2018 Travel-Embedded and Winter Term 2018 Study Abroad and Study USA
Elon offers more than 35 innovative short-term programs during Winter Term, fall (Thanksgiving Break), spring (Spring Break), and summer. Courses range in cost and typically include round-trip airfare, all lodging and transportation, and entrance fees for museums, cultural sites, and events related to the course. On many of these courses you will travel to different cities in one country or to multiple countries. These courses are intensive experiences, and you will be with a group of 16-32 Elon students and one to two Elon program leaders.
- Winter Term: These intensive three- to four-week, four-semester-hour courses typically include a mandatory one-semester-hour predeparture course the preceding fall term. Students earn a total of five semester hours.
- Semester Travel-Embedded (fall spring). These programs are semester-long courses taught on campus that include a travel component either over Thanksgiving Break or Spring Break.
- Summer: These programs range in length from three to six weeks and typically earn between four and six semester hours of credit.
1. CHECK AVAILABILITY.
See the STATUS CHART below to see which programs are open, wait listed, or closed.
3. LEARN MORE.
Research specific programs by viewing PROGRAM BROCHURE PAGES. Each brochure page lists course description, tentative itinerary, and further contact information.
Once you’ve selected your top choice (you can apply to only ONE program) . start your application by clicking “APPLY NOW” from the program brochure page. Submit all of the application elements, including the $400 application deposit.
- For questions regarding the application deposit, visit the Application Deposit FAQ page.
- For additional questions regarding the application, visit the Short-Term Program Application FAQ page.
5. MEET DEADLINES.
Aug. 31, 2017:Final application deadline for Study Abroad programs.
Sept. 14, 2017: Final application deadline for Study USA programs.
Still have questions? Consult the following resources:
Stop by the GEC for QUICK QUESTIONS. every Wednesday 2 – 4 p.m. and Thursday 9 – 11 a.m. in Global Commons 360. No appointment necessary.
Contact a GLOBAL AMBASSADOR to learn more from Study Abroad and Study USA alumni.
Read the STUDY ABROAD BLOGS to learn more about past participants’ experiences.
Programs Status Chart
The information below is subject to change at any time as the Global Education Center receives new applications, cancellations, or change forms.
For the most up-to-date information, contact the Global Education Center (GEC) in Global Commons 360 or by phone at 336.278.6700 .
To CHANGE into an open program:
To CANCEL your participation in a program:
Below is the current status of Short-Term Study Abroad and Study USA programs.
FALL TRAVEL-EMBEDDED COURSES